*What I have done in the past with this guide is not compensated and takes dozens of hours of research and interviews. While some time is spent transcribing much of my time is spent constantly trying to contact candidates to get answers to self-designed surveys with questions not typically asked. I did not have time to put that effort in this year so I apologize to any who were expecting that.



I was pleasantly surprised to discover people remembering this site even though I have not advertised it this year and all previous advertising was very limited.


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

United States Senator - Joe Miller

Joe Miller (Republican)
PO Box 72838Fairbanks, AK 99707
Phone: (907) 452-8559
e-mail: info@joemiller.us
Candidate's web site: http://www.joemiller.us/

There is plenty of information and mis-information about this candidate out there. But, I wanted to share some recent information I just learned.

I am friends with a wonderful couple whose values and principle's I know to be in line with mine. I trust their judgment and here is some things one had to say:

"Went to a congressional candidate forum today to listen to the House and Senate candidates answer questions. After listening to them in person, Joe Miller is the only one I can vote for in good conscience. I hope he proves me right if he wins...Joe Miller was the only one that seemed to say what he really meant, and mean what he said. He also was very clear about the road to bankruptcy that the nation and the state is on, and what needs to be done about it. Murkowski and McAdams seem to believe that tomorrow will be just like yesterday and can't seem to see that we've moved into a different era where the old solutions aren't working anymore."

When another person expressed mistrust supported by the fact that Miller is a lawyer and seemed, "arrogant" I found these rebuttals accurate, "- and you think Murkowski isn't arrogant? She's also a lawyer. You'll have to come up with something better than that. :-)...Speaking of arrogance...and these are little things you don't see in the political ads or the newspapers... time and time again, Murkowski would keep speaking after 'time' was called (the candidates had limited time periods to provide their answers, usually 60 seconds) until she felt she made her point. They had to tell her to stop talking several times. Both McAdams and Miller quit immediately when 'time' was called." (I'd say she behaved in such a manner because she thinks she is above reproach... like an aristocrat.)

Also, and this is a finalizer for me, the other half of this couple knew Mr. Miller personally from his working with this individuals family. This person knew Mr. Miller as a man of integrity who shared in persecutions during a time when both families breadwinners would not cave to political correctness.

Oh, yes, one final point from this couple, "To anyone who wonders why there's so much dirt on Joe Miller [and NOT on Lisa Murkowski?]... Is it possible that it's because he's not going around digging up Murkowski's personal life? Everything he says about her deals with her votes and stance as a politician."

Now, it is my contention that, "The Murkowski team is trying to "death of a thousand cuts" Miller. We all get dirty, some stay dirty and others wash off. Sounds to me like Miller bathes, not so sure about Lisa. :)." In particular I am referencing the FNSB computer controversy in which Miller admits to having used a borough computer to do something "unapproved" and unspecified during his lunch hour. (I'd quote it exactly but am having difficulty pulling up the video also, see this article).

For some clarification information in regards to some "issues" with Mr. Millers "worthiness" (especially about military issues) see this site: http://alaskapride.blogspot.com/.

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment