*What I have done in the past with this guide is not compensated and takes dozens of hours of research and interviews. While some time is spent transcribing much of my time is spent constantly trying to contact candidates to get answers to self-designed surveys with questions not typically asked. I did not have time to put that effort in this year so I apologize to any who were expecting that.



I was pleasantly surprised to discover people remembering this site even though I have not advertised it this year and all previous advertising was very limited.


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Superior Court - Fourth Judicial District Marvin C. Hamilton III

Shall Marvin Hamilton III be retained as judge of the superior court for six years?

According to the State of Alaska Region III Voter Guide the Judicial Council Recommends a Yes Vote

Appointed in 2007 by Governor Sarah Palin (R)

One case I found involves a child abuse case (which I quickly scrolled through the descriptions of abuse) based on the defendants grandchildren’s statements that the defendant wanted stricken from the case. From the court document, “Superior Court Judge Marvin Hamilton denied _____ motion to strike her grandchildrens statements from the presentence report. Instead, he supplemented the record with _____ affidavit setting forth her competing version of events.”

A article about another case Hamilton presided over: http://www.thetundradrums.com/article/1014former_k300_race_manager_to_repay_7500

A couple more articles:
http://www.thetundradrums.com/article/1014former_k300_race_manager_to_repay_7500

https://www.abanet.org/rol/news/news_philippines_judges_training_speedy_trial_laws_1209.shtml

The only thing that stood out to me was his statement in the voter guide, "...I do my best to decide matters carefully and impartially, according to the law..." As I stated on my Blankenship post: "Those who are supporters of the Constitution being interpreted as the founders intended and Jury Nullification may want to think on this statement. That's not to say his views are for or against the two mentioned positions, merely that this statement could be a positional indicator."

No comments:

Post a Comment