*What I have done in the past with this guide is not compensated and takes dozens of hours of research and interviews. While some time is spent transcribing much of my time is spent constantly trying to contact candidates to get answers to self-designed surveys with questions not typically asked. I did not have time to put that effort in this year so I apologize to any who were expecting that.



I was pleasantly surprised to discover people remembering this site even though I have not advertised it this year and all previous advertising was very limited.


Monday, October 3, 2011

Assembly Seat H: Joe Blanchard Summary

Joe Blanchard is the incumbent. He works at the Princess Hotel and studies political science at UAF.

Prop. 2: Thinks the education, voluntary, and change-out programs are doing well in dealing with the issue.

Natural Gas: The borough can help via private partnership.

Pay Freeze: “That people got automatic pay increases without merit was a bit insulting to the taxpayer. It was never my intention to deprive them of funds but to provide a new mechanism for evaluating the increase in funds to them. It’s not a cost-saving measure, but we need to be more accountable to the folks that we’re taking money out of their wallets.”

Accepting Federal Funds: Blanchard believes they help with infrastructure but the borough needs to be prudent selecting which federal funds to accept.

Goals for Borough if elected: Costs need controlled. “In public works and transportation there is this major ramping up from the federal government from regulation. We need folks on the assembly that can push back and not just embrace regulations.”

Political Stance: “I feel I’m a moderate conservative. I’m not anti-government, but it needs to be as small as possible to work best.”

This summary extracted from this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment